Open now until 7.00pm

Blog  |  Contact Us  |  Adelaide

Health & Safety

Workplace Safety

Think Safe - Work Safe - It's Your Responsibility


Welcome to the Harbour Town Contractor Information Page!

Harbour Town is committed to operating a total safe working environment where we are incident and injury free. In order to achieve this, we maintain strict policies regarding contractor works and site access. All contractors and workers who are undertaking work on behalf Centre Management or tenants (either inside or outside the tenancy) must be Site Inducted into the Centre.


Inductions must be completed at least one business day prior to work commencing to allow time to process.


Prior to work commencing contractors must supply the following documents;

  • Public Liability Cover $20,000,000

  • Work Cover (as per law)

  • Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) - must be site specific

  • Completed Inductions

These documents can be forwarded to [email protected]


Note, works cannot commence until all documentation has been received.


For further enquiries please contact Centre Management on 07 5529 1734 or email [email protected] 



Security 0435-913 924 - 24hrs

Site Induction

Harbour Town’s Site Induction process is as follows:

  1. Workers must read the Centre Rules and Requirements document

  2. Complete the Harbour Town Site Induction on Sine Pro 

  3. Submit your Permits to Work on Sine Pro if required to be approved by Cente Management.  (Please ensure you complete this 24-48 hours prior to start date).

  4. Once you have completed the induction on Sine Pro, you will recieve your induction approval via email.  Please note you will need to produce this to Security if requested.

  5. You are required to check in via the Sine Pro App when you arrive before starting onsite.  (There is also a QR Code check in available inside hoardings as well as an iPad in the Security Office). 


Should you require a same-day Induction you will need to complete this on the ipad located at the Security Office or on your phone using the Sine Pro App.


WHSE Requirements

For Contractors needing to carry out works that appear on the Lend Lease Significant High Risk Tasks list. There are a number of requirements that need to be met prior to work commencing.


Anyone carrying out these works will need to submit:

  • Public Liability Cover $20,000,000

  • Work Cover (as per law)

  • Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) which must meet all areas of the SWMS Review Checklist 

  • Copies of all relevant licenses

These documents can be sent to [email protected]


Once these documents have been reviewed by Centre Management you will receive the approval to begin works.



Helpful Documents and FAQ

Significant High Risk Tasks

SWMS Review Checklist

SWMS Handout (This is a SWMS template covering all of the requirements)

Centre Rules & Requirements for Contractors



  1. How do I get access to the site? You can obtain site access by contacting our 24-hour Security team on 0435 913 924. You will need to provide a location in-Centre where you will meet them. You will need to produce your induction card/number when signing in (we recommend taking a photo on your phone for safe-keeping).

  2. What time can I get access? Security is onsite 24 hours-a-day. If access to a tenancy is needed it must be arranged through the individual tenant directly. All works outside a tenancy MUST be barricaded off regardless of the time of the works to ensure there is no public access to the work area.

  3. Can I work during trade? There is to be NO noisy, smelly and/or dusty works during trade. All works in mall areas must be completed and cleared by 8.30am unless pre-arranged with Centre Management. Night time works will need to be pre-approved by Centre Management.

  4. How do I get a permit to work? Before any permit to work can be issued, contractors need to meet the minimum requirements which are set out in the WHSE Requirements page. (Can we please link this back to the WHSE Requirements page)

  5. Can I get a vehicle into the Centre?  Some small vehicles can access the internal malls however this must be pre-arranged with Centre Management.

  6. Can I put a skip bin/shipping container somewhere? Centre Management need to pre-approve skips bins and containers as there are very limited spots. We recommend getting your request in early to avoid disappointment.

  7. Where can I park? During trade hours, staff contractors must park around the perimeter of the carpark (in the spaces furthest away from the Centre).

  8. How long before an induction card expires? Harbour Town Induction Cards are issued for a maximum of two years.